After a long wait, Luru has finally been graced with (somewhat) Michelinesque presence. If you’ve never been to a Yauatcha before, when you walk in, you will be surprised.
Yes, it is a dim sum place, it serves amazing Chinese cuisine and has a tea room. No, it isn’t red & gold, it doesn’t have paper lanterns and eerie dim lighting. What it does have is sleek minimalistic interiors that appeal to you right away. The soothing blues and green pastels set off beautifully in the surprisingly brightly lit restaurant. The contemporary setting does exactly what it was aimed to do.. not distract you from the food.
We were there on launch day, and for it being launch day, the place was a mad full house.
On our plates:
Dim Sum (Veg)
- Truffle Edamame Dumpling (left) – Silky smooth moneybags with truffle that melts in your mouth, definitely left us wanting for more!
- Vegetable Crystal Dumpling (right) – A definite repeat. The thing that stood out most was all the interesting tastes & textures in this beautiful dim sum ball. Especially the use of water chestnuts.
Dim Sum (Non-Veg)
- Chicken and Prawn Shui Mai (left length) – If you need to play it safe, a good typical shui mai.
- Hargau (top right) – Succulent prawn steamed to perfection. Not recommended for a person that loves his/her spices though.
- Lamb Rolls In Black Bean Sauce (bottom right) – Undoubtedly the dim sum of the night. Amazing burst of flavours and complimented perfectly with the sauce. A must must must order.
- Baked Seabass in Supreme Soya Sauce (top left) – For being an ardent non-fish eater, this dish blew us away completely. The fish is tender, well cooked and has the sweetest tasting soya dressing you will find. We simply couldn’t get enough of this, and wiped the dish clean.
- Stir Fried Chicken (top right) – Unfortunately, the fish side-tracked us a bit, and we hardly paid any attention to this dish, but as far as chicken goes, this dish caters to a typical Indian palate that loves Chinese.
- Egg Fried Rice (below) – Safe, but a classic. You can never go wrong with this. We just fell in love with the cute shaped bowls this was served in. A perfect complementary rice dish for any main on the menu. Total thumbs up!
Raspberry Delice – Silky smooth chocolate mousse covered in raspberry goodness. If you’re not fussy about fruit and chocolate merging to create magic in your mouth, don’t miss this!
Follow them on Facebook by clicking here.
Located at: 1 MG Road Mall, MG Road, Bangalore.
For reservations: +91 80 40894999