Are you a breakfast person? You’ve come to the right place, because once you go through this list, Bangalore mornings will never be the same again.
1. Monkey Bar – for their ‘breakfirsts’. From the pancakes & sliders to the fresh bagels, sausages and eggs, there isn’t an item they don’t do right! x
2. Mavalli Tiffin Room (MTR) for overcoming the rice shortage during World War II by using semolina instead of rice, thus inventing the very popular Rava idli!
3. The Church Street Social, because if you can make it to this list of Luru classics within weeks of launching, you’re definitely flipping your pancakes right!
4. Citrus (The Leela Palace) – simply because their breakfast spread puts even Lady Marmalade to shame!
5. Hotel Janardhana a.k.a The Dosa Pioneer – They’re the most gheeliscious in the city and nothing short of being absolutely yummy!
6. Cafe Terra (Koramangala) – Two words. Waffles & crepes.
7. Smoke House Deli (Lavelle Road & Indiranagar) because if you haven’t had the Eggs Benedict here, you haven’t had breakfast.
8. Koshy’s (St. Marks Road) because nothing beats an old classic joint with a whole lot of Luru in it. It also helps that they do the best Appam and Stew in town!
9. Bootlegger (Vittal Mallya Road) because nobody does scotch eggs better!
10. Veena Stores (Malleshwaram) a.k.a softest bestest whitest meltiest *insert whatever other fictional superlatives here* idli in town!