Wondering what to do this V-Day? Want to do something different apart from the usual romantic dinner? We got your back! We’ve rounded up a list on how you can spend your Valentines’ Day in Bangalore and not be cliche!
1) Shop till you drop!
Guess who’s back? Back again! Spicy Sangria is back on the 14th and they don’t need an introduction. They have the usual amazing clothes, jewellery, shoes, bags, and home accessories. You know the drill, but this time, they have an Angel Therapist and Soul Reader Tamanna C from Mumbai. We’re so excited to see our favourite stalls/designers again AND plenty of new faces.
We literally can’t think of a better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day – single or taken –shopping is the answer!
The event will take place at Vivanta by Taj, MG Road.
2) Pamper yourself silly
A bit unusual, but we think nothing beats taking care of your own temple! Kosmoderma skin, hair & laser clinic has on offer for V-Day, where you can treat your valentine to the KosmoRevive Treatment. Trust me they’ll thank you later.
Why not buy two and make it a date? After all you don’t want them looking younger than you do you? 😉
Details: This treatment is Rs. 2,000 and is supposed to give you a radiant glow for the special day. Call 7676757575 for more details.
3) A Ritzy Affair
If you want to stay in (without really staying in) with your sweetheart at one of the glitziest properties in the city, there can’t be a place that’s chalked out V Day as good as the Ritz Carlton Bangalore.
– ‘Stay’ in love at Rs. 12,500 plus taxes onwards and have a beautiful night inclusive of buffet breakfast for two at the Market, a special Valentine’s Eve dinner at The Market, The Lantern or Riwaz (all with wine to go with it) and Rs.1500 as spa credit.
If an overnight is not for you, you can still:
– Pamper your loved one at The Market with an awe-inspiring buffet with sparkling wine and post dinner enjoy access to the rooftop bar, Bang, which provides the perfect culmination to the evening. (Priced at Rs. 4000 all-inclusive per couple) or light up your love at Lantern featuring signature recipes, sparkling wine and again an all-access pass to Bang (Rs. 4000 all-inclusive per couple)
– Enjoy a romantic comedy under a starry night by the pool whilst indulging in a five-course degustation menu crafted by Michelin Star Chef Anupam Banerjee coupled with Champagne. All of this can also happen in a private Cabana decorated with colors and flowers of your choice!
(Cabana – degustation menu + a bottle of champagne at Rs. 20,000 all-inclusive per couple)
(Just by the pool – degustation menu + a bottle of Prosecco at Rs. 10,000 all-inclusive per couple)
– Spa it up with 60 minute couple treatment in The Spa Suite (Rs. 6000 plus taxes or individual treatments at Rs. 3000 plus taxes)
All above offers are available only on February 14, 2015 between 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Remember the swanky new chocolate boutique store on Residency Road? Yes, we’re talking about Rage Chocolatier. They have a ‘wishing tree’ where customers can write and hang up their wish for their loved ones. Cool, huh?
Rage also has boxes and chocolate bouquets (above) made just for Valentine’s Day filled with sweet treats and little teddy bears. So boys, no excuses this year, they’ve made your job super easy 😉
5) The way to the heart is through the stomach
For those of you who do want to stick to the traditional romantic dinner, we’re not going to force you to be different, so here is a list of a few places that have V-day specials for you and the honey!
Sancho’s, UB City has a special menu featuring delicious recipes for appetisers and mains. Here’s the best part: you know their deliciously awesome dessert Tres Leches? If you don’t knowwhat we’re talking about, you are crazy. Anyway, they’re making it in strawberry flavour! Cake soaked in strawberry milk? Yes, please!
The Leela Palace has gone all out with all their restaurants. If you REALLY want to wine and dine that special person, try out Le Cirque Signature (watch our website for a full review soon), where you can choose from a five course menu paired with sparkling wine or a bottle of Moët!
Prices start at Rs. 10,000 + taxes
Time – 7.00pm to 11.30pm
Reservations – 080 3057 1315
Serafina, Koramangla also has something
special planned for Valentine’s Day. They have a 5 course degustation
candle-lit dinner under the stars. Is that romantic or what?
Costs Rs. 2,000+ per couple or Rs. 3,000+ per couple including
paired drinks. Call 080-30752750 for reservations.
6) Cupcakes Galore
Katherene Deborah, a “baker by accident” is baking up a storm for Valentine’s Day with cupcakes and cakes.
Apart from the visibly obvious adorable and delicious treats (above), she has menus according to who your Valentine is (pictured below). We are loving the quirky names and the idea behind each cupcake.
Ms. K. Cupcakes (Katherine) can be contacted at 09916790969 or 09538096286.
So here’s wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day from us Bangalore! Treat that special someone with something from our to do list.. or treat them to all 😉 Oh and please feel free to send us chocolates, cupcakes, and a bottle (or two?) of red wine xx
Written by Nikita Mankani