To all you veggie foodies that are roaming around the city in search for the next epic all-veg joint to try out, you ain’t eating’green if you ain’t been to these! xx
1. Mavalli Tiffin Room (MTR) – Let’s get real this iconic Bangalore food shrine is a must-visit in its own right. If you’re still not convinced just look at the throngs of hungry people queuing up on a daily basis for their ‘famous since 1924’ ledge food. Doesn’t need any more selling than that!
#IHBSays: Don’t forget they’re closed on Mondays!
Address: 14, Lalbagh Road, Mavalli, Near Basavanagudi
2. Green Theory – Everyones favourite local vegetarian and organic food stop, they’ve recently also launched their newest baby The Bakehouse and we can’t get enough of their freshly baked breads.
#IHBSays: One of Luru’s pet-friendly cafes (click here for more) they also have cookies and fruits for your fluffy companion.
Address: #15,Convent Road,Richmond Town
3. Rasovara – Staying true to ‘athithi devo bhava’ (your guest is like your God) culture, Rasovara greets its diners with a chandan teeka and customized kansa thalis await you at your table, handmade by the skilled artisans of Gujarat. They give new meaning to ‘treat you like royalty’.
#IHBSays: A very wide spread of Rajasthani and Gujrati dishes. No dish is repeated in a month!
Address: UB City, Vittal Mallya Road.
4. Konark – A Bangalore classic. The perfect local experience, without spending a lot, Konark is the place is to be. They do have European offerings as well, but South/North Indian offerings are what you need to go for.
#IHBSays: Their Indian Chinese totally hits the spot on those days where you just want to sink your teeth into some crunchy Manchurian.
Address: 50, Field Marshal Cariappa Road, Residency Road.
5. The Yogisthaan Cafe – Promoting healthy living (and food) is their USP and man, do they do it well. Amongst serene green lies this lovely house that holds private Yoga lessons, and even lets out accommodation for travellers (their White Room is on Air Bnb).
#IHBSays: We can’t get enough of their loaded hash browns.
Address: 89, Near BDA Complex, 11th Cross, 60 Feet Road, Off Double Road, Indiranagar
6. Little Italy – One of the oldest and most well established Italian franchises in India, they don’t go wrong with their food. Other than Italians, it is them who take their Italian food seriously.
#IHBSays: Personally, we’re a huge fan of their wood burn pizzas!
Address: 32, Krishna Nagar Industrial Layout, Near Forum, Hosur Road, Koramangala OR no. 2017, 100 Feet Road, HAL 2nd Stage, Indiranagar
7. The Village – A quirky style take on a stereotypical Indian village, this place is perfect for the veggie who doesn’t like eating the same food over and over again! Their menu cycles between Lucknowi, Bengali, North Indian, South Indian, Maharashtrian and Gujarati food every week.
#IHBSays: We love the artsy colourful truck installation, don’t miss it xx
Address: 6th Floor, Bangalore Central Mall
8. Imli – This place looks like an illustration from one of R.K Narayan’s works; but a slightly modern take. We love their North Indian cuisine in a manner that your mother would approve. They also claim to use recipes that have been handed down from generation to generation. Well that’s a huge tick for us right there!
#IHBSays: Oh and don’t walk out without having the garam chai. It’s one of the best ones we’ve had!
Address: 204, 5th Main, 7th Cross, Indiranagar I Stage.
9. Sattvam – Perfect blend of North & South Indian veg. cuisine this joint makes it their agenda that you rediscover ‘sattvic’ cuisine the right way and love it.
#IHBSays: What makes the food here so unique and pleasurable is that all dishes are prepared and consumed on a continuous basis. Leftover food is never served.
Address: 35, 4 & 5 th Floor, J.M Plaza, Opposite Shell Petrol Bunk, Sankey Road, Sadashiv Nagar