Let us simply start by saying, about time! Apart from a few classic restaurants, this city was in dire need of exactly this; proper authentic Northie food that doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket like a five-star Indian restaurant does. Thank goodness (and Kalra) for Made in Punjab.
MIP has the perfect blend of regular favs and classics from the pind. From the cheeky dish names to the lovely warm welcome and service by the staff, we experienced true Punjabi style hospitality with a slight peek into this celebratory culture. It is here you will find dishes such as maa ki dal, changa burger, LOL tikki, luxury bc..!! (butter chicken.. what were you thinking? Ha!), nalli hard kaur, barnala town fish curry, goushalla di kulfi, among many others
What We Drank:
- Syappa (above; left) – Vodka cocktail made with coffee liquor, fresh coffee and garlic.
- Gulabo (above; right) – Vodka shaken with Rose Syrup and Lime Juice (shots shots shots!)
- Nashily chai shots (above; left) – Mix of Four white Spirit and homemade tea concoction with orange marmalade.
- Happy Singh – Gin Shaken with Orange Blossom water orange liqueur with fresh cream and soda on top
What We Ate:
‘POPEYE’ paaji ki favourite chaat (below) – A chatpata chaat of fried spinach leave, yoghurt, mint & imli chutney with bits of achari corn
Khumb karan (below) – Cheesy tandoori mushrooms (one of our favourite veg dishes of the night!)
Legacy Tandoori Champ (below) – Tandoori Lamb Chops with ghar ka spice mix
Guchchi Pulao (below) – Tawa made with guchcchi (morale) mushrooms. The most flavoursome pulao we’ve ever tasted.
Lehsun Palak Chenna – Lightly tossed Chenna in palak shreds & puree. A perfect choice for vegetarians.
Maa Ki Daal (below) – The traditional dal makhni with creamy butter.
Nalli Hard Kaur (below) – Intense lamb shank infused with bone marrow cooked in pyaz dahi curry.
- Their menu is so extensive, that we recommend numerous visits if you actually want the full experience.
- We were pleasantly surprised by their bar menu, as their cocktails were better tasting than some of the bars whose speciality is exactly that. So don’t forget to order one!
- Even if you’re a hardcore non-vegetarian, we still recommend the guchchi pulao over the biryani. You won’t regret it.
Address: Level 2, UB City, Vittal Mallya Road, Lavelle Road
Call: +91 7899700900 or +91 8040990151
Cost: Rs.1500/- for 2 people approx.